Stable Square on the Western Sydney University (WSU), Hawkesbury Campus is transformed into a new Student Hub including a café, bookstore, WSU Student Services Centre and new landscaping in the expansive courtyard. The Stable Square includes one of the oldest buildings on Campus and provides a popular destination. The building (1895) was originally used as stables for the former Hawkesbury Agricultural College and the TKD Architects project delivers a series of sensitive interventions to the existing building and landscape. The design defines four courtyard “outdoor rooms” using pavilions and significant trees to promote a spirit of inclusion, diversity and connection.
Photography: Tyrone Branigan