The interior architecture of the Wagga Wagga courthouse integrates the 1903 buildings of the justice complex with a new infill building that provides an integrated court registry office, assembly rooms, waiting spaces and District Courtroom. The finishes in the new building respond to the city’s Riverina environment through the use of silver wattle and blackwood timbers. The vertical timber battens developed for the building’s circulation space create movement and draws users through the building and up the stairs to the new District Court. TKD designed custom recessed lighting reaching to lantern skylights to highlight the ceiling planes.
Photography: Brett Boardman