The Valhalla Theatre operated as a cinema continuously from 1938 until 1962, and then intermittently until its closure in 2005. Purchased in September 2006 by W Property, this project envisaged a major transformation of the building from cinema to boutique office studios with 38 new office suites over three storeys within the existing volume. Complementing this transformation, the original cinema entry lobby, foyer and shops have been restored.
The new office studios are light filled contemporary work spaces – most have access to external decks, courtyards or lofts. The common areas feature three storey voids providing visual connections through the building, bringing natural light into all the suites and enhancing the opportunities for interaction.