Brush Farm House, Eastwood was completed around 1816 for the free settler Gregory Blaxland. Blaxland was a merchant, agriculturalist and pastoralist prominent in the affairs of the colony.
In 1813, Blaxland accompanied William Lawson and William Charles Wentworth on the first successful European expedition across the Blue Mountains. Blaxland is also widely recognised for his contribution in developing an Australian wine industry. Since the late nineteenth century, Brush Farm House has been in public ownership, initially by the New South Wales Government and since 1989 by City of Ryde Council.
This project involved the conservation and adaptation of the derelict building for community conference and training facilities.