The 1913 Metcalfe Bond Stores in The Rocks, Sydney continued to function as a bond store until 1972. This historic building was later adapted for commercial use as a tourism centre of shops, restaurant and offices. In 2016, the building was repurposed for a suite of new commercial tenancies highlighting its original architecture of steel, brick and timber. Re-designed internal connections and upgraded services were introduced. The lower ground floor of the Bond Store facing Circular Quay West was refreshed with new public amenities providing pedestrian access to The Rocks precinct.
Photography: Tom Ferguson