Remove former Pancakes on the Rocks Restaurant that had been in the building since the 1970’s and remove the ground floor retail tenancies to reveal the original steel, brick and timber structure.
The fit-out at ACU for IPPE is designed to facilitate creativity and provides a back drop for researchers and theorists to share and collaborate.
Taking cues from residential design the interior fitout is calm and nurturing.
This fitout starts to address cellular office sizes, furniture allocation & finishes which will evolve to become a standard across the University.
The design encourages collaboration and social interaction, providing spaces where teams can work together in formal and informal arrangements.
Completed in 1928 and owned and occupied by the Commonwealth Bank for the last eighty years, it is one of the most important examples of its style and type within New South Wales and Australia and has a tremendous civic presence within the Martin Place precinct.
In 1916, the Commonwealth Bank building set a new benchmark for commercial office buildings in Sydney with high quality architectural design, materials, finishes and good access to natural light and ventilation add a significant contribution to the urban fabric of Martin Place.
The new office in Surry Hills brings together our team on one level and provides accommodation for additional staff as the practice grows. Located in a converted warehouse on Foster Street, Surry Hills, the original fully glazed light well admits a soft natural light to the core of the plan.
The site of the Old King's School in Parramatta is an item of considerable cultural significance. The King's School was the first large private boarding school run by the Anglican Church to provide secondary education in the colony of New South Wales.
Purchased in September 2006 by W Property, this project envisaged a major transformation of the building from cinema to boutique office studios with 38 new office suites over three storeys within the existing volume.
A four storey brick building, the Cooperage was built for the construction and maintenance of barrels for the CSR distilling industry in Pyrmont.
When purchased by its current owners, the building fabric was decaying from over a decade of neglect. The building was repaired, conserved and adapted as a series of office spaces and display areas.
This development adds two new levels and a mezzanine of commercial office space on top of an existing four storey mixed use building in Surry Hills.
This project consisted of the conservation and adaptation of a six storey 1920s former Tea Warehouse to provide high quality commercial office accommodation.
The ground floor of the Cleland Bond Store has been opened up to provide a large unencumbered space - the centrepiece of which is a large circular glass foyer used by the commercial tenancies on the floors above.
This project to conserve and upgrade the 1920s headquarters of the former Bank of New South Wales head office building in Sydney's CBD involved a complete overhaul of the building
This project focused on the realisation of the development potential of a 1970's office tower at the northern end of the Sydney CBD.
Initially a design excellence competition the urban design guidelines established in the TKD competition entry were adopted by Bovis Lend Lease for the subsequent commercial development.
A companion project to the 341 George Street adaptation is a new office building on the vacant site fronting York Street. This project for a new 13 storey office tower has received DA approval.