Completed in 1928 and owned and occupied by the Commonwealth Bank for the last eighty years, it is one of the most important examples of its style and type within New South Wales and Australia and has a tremendous civic presence within the Martin Place precinct.
In 1916, the Commonwealth Bank building set a new benchmark for commercial office buildings in Sydney with high quality architectural design, materials, finishes and good access to natural light and ventilation add a significant contribution to the urban fabric of Martin Place.
A glass breezeway wraps around a north-east facing courtyard and joins the original cottage to the modernised addition. From the street the cottage retains its heritage values.
This 1840’s homestead has been modernised while reinstating and respecting the character of the original homestead.
This 1860’s heritage listed Victorian timber cottage located in Sydney’s inner west suburb of Newtown is the last of its kind.
The Female Orphan School is the oldest three storey brick building in Australia, dating from 1813-18. This project involved the conservation and adaptation of the complex to provide exhibition spaces and meeting rooms for the Western Sydney University and the wider community.
The Brisbane City Hall was rededicated on 6 April 2013 after a comprehensive restoration program to conserve its significant spaces and fabric, to rectify its structural, fire and life safety deficits and to re-equip it for its role as the focus for Brisbane’s civic, cultural, and social events.
This major $30m project comprised the upgrading of services throughout the building to ensure compliance with contemporary standards. Works included improved egress, fire safety, power and new mechanical services plus a new underground archive and commercial kitchen.
The Sydney Conservatorium is comprised of three elements - Verbrugghen Hall in the courtyard of the refurbished Greenway Stables building, the new terraced buildings surrounding this colonial centrepiece, and a dramatic three storey foyer linking old and new.
Tempe House was constructed in the 1830s for A B Spark of Tusculum, Potts Point as a picturesque rural retreat overlooking the Cook's River.
This project for the reworking of Customs House at Circular Quay in Sydney was a collaboration between a number of architects - PTW coordinating the overall project with Tanner Kibble Denton Architects to redesign the colonnade and public square
The Canberra Glassworks is an adaptation of the former Kingston Powerhouse, Canberra's oldest permanent building. With a prominent position in the Kingston Foreshore redevelopment on the southern edge of Lake Burley Griffin, the building is now an access centre for glass artists.
Brush Farm House, Eastwood was completed around 1816 for the free settler Gregory Blaxland. Blaxland was a merchant, agriculturalist and pastoralist prominent in the affairs of the colony.
The historic Graythwaite Estate have been redeveloped as an expansion of the School’s adjacent campus, and comprises the conservation and adaptive reuse of Graythwaite House, new educational buildings and enhancement of the site’s parkland setting.
Purchased in September 2006 by W Property, this project envisaged a major transformation of the building from cinema to boutique office studios with 38 new office suites over three storeys within the existing volume.
When purchased by its current owners, the building fabric was decaying from over a decade of neglect. The building was repaired, conserved and adapted as a series of office spaces and display areas.
This project consisted of the conservation and adaptation of a six storey 1920s former Tea Warehouse to provide high quality commercial office accommodation.
The ground floor of the Cleland Bond Store has been opened up to provide a large unencumbered space - the centrepiece of which is a large circular glass foyer used by the commercial tenancies on the floors above.
This project to conserve and upgrade the 1920s headquarters of the former Bank of New South Wales head office building in Sydney's CBD involved a complete overhaul of the building